map-marker Cleveland, Ohio

Terrible company

They never respond when you call the company. Staff is rude and unprofessional.They only do the bare minimum to take care of their property. All they care about is getting the rent money

User's recommendation: Don’t rent from Elon property management

Karla A Gnn
map-marker Cabanatuan, Central Luzon

Non -responsive, unethical

I have contacted Elon Management several times, and even sent a certified letter to resolve an issue of stalking and harassment from a neighbor, I have went to the police to have residential checks done to ensure my safety, yet Elon Property management has never respond to any of my calls, emails, letters pleading for help, now I have no choice but to terminate my lease. You all have breeched the lease of not providing a safe and habitual environment and enabled residents to engage in criminal activities, at Valley Brook apartments 169 Roscoe Rd. Newnan, GA 30263
Loss:
Cons:
  • Non responsive
  • Unethical

Preferred solution: A thorough investigation in the situation of 4 months of harassment with a resident, waiving of termination fee

User's recommendation: Respond to tenants, abide by the law

map-marker Carmel, Indiana

Lease issues

They immediately took care of it. I think I overreacted. I honestly love living there. It's very quiet and safe.

User's recommendation: It's a great place to live

Juan S Yxf

| map-marker Indianapolis, Indiana

Elon property manager harassment

Management accuse me of my dogs being hazardous to the community. Ive been in my residents going on six years since 2018 and I have not had one complaint as I do live next-door to the office.

Management has been retaliating since I reported the decline in the property since new management took over I have pets that also have ESA letters originally had three Im down to two and I get a letter saying that I cant renew my lease?? I take my dogs out at 4am and 8 pm .

No one hardly see my dogs and I clean up after them and other bribers who dont properly remove their dogs waste. I dont make a peep and there is no property damage at all.

Pros:
  • Great maintenance team
  • Elon is great properties
Cons:
  • Bad property manager
  • Recently poor upkeep of property

Preferred solution: Would like to stay in my apartment and would like him to be moved to another property.

User's recommendation: Get a good feel of property management and look at how they take care of the property as well how they treat their employees

MARK F Vhb
map-marker Wellington, Ohio

Complaints

My furnace is not working properly !!! After several attempts to fix the furnace it's still blowing cold air !!!
Pros:
  • Price of rent
Cons:
  • Issues with apt problems

Preferred solution: New furnace

Andraya Ore

| map-marker Columbus, Ohio

Over charged

I have had apt. Insurance everyday Ive been here I reported the new one in sep. but Linda didnt take it off I even took the paper over she said ok! She must of lost it well anyways you guys owe me 2 months ha of paying for your insurance. Please take care of this.

User's recommendation: Make sure your not overcharged like me!

map-marker Doylestown, Pennsylvania

Because I am being scammed by the manager of Slate Run

I keep being charged more money even after I have done paid everything but charges keep appearing out of nowhere

User's recommendation: Definitely do not under any circumstances rent from these scammers

map-marker Columbus, Ohio

Sorority lives next door

Frat/Sorority moved in a 1 bedroom apartment at the beginning of the year. According to the manager it was supposed to be just one person moving in.

Informed them 3 people moved in. First it was a couple and one of their friends. Then the couple would fight every single night. Girl broke her lease and moved out.

Guy moved more of his buddies in. They used the parking lot to race and have revving contests. Then the girl came back and kicked all the boys out and moved in a bunch of girls and dogs. Three girls live there with three dogs.

And depending on the weekend there's anywhere from 1 to 4 more girls that stay. You do the math 4 - 8 girls and three dogs in a one bedroom apartment, you bet it stinks. Sometimes it stinks so bad that the neighbors that live on the other side of me can smell it.

Management has received several complaints about them, police have been called several times but nothing has been done to remove to them even though they have broken several lease rules. And now they are harassing other tenants yet complaints to the manager go nowhere.

User's recommendation: AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!

map-marker Dryden, New York

Ripping people off

STAY FAR FAR AWAY! At the best there incompetent at the worst there dishonest.

Signed a 6-month lease at the time of the lease signing i told the Manger I would not be staying longer than 6 months. she then said " you have to give us 60 days notice. I reiterate that I would not be staying. You would think at that time I would have gotten the form to sign that needed to be signed.

Instead a year after I moved out I get a letter from a collection agency. don't make the mistakes I did and rent at Elon properties. I had perfect credit and now because of a bad decision it took a hit.

Not once did any one try and contact me about a problem. STAY FAR FAR AWAY!

User's recommendation: Don't Deal with these people

Vadhir Ahh

Application

I applied for an apartment, Danielle mentioned she needed more information before proceeding with my application. At a point, I decided to research the area and learn it it is not a safe. I emailed her before 24 to 48 hours and asked her not to proceed as I am no longer interested. I asked her to issuee me a refund, which she agreed and now I am hearing that I am not entitled to a refund for my application. They are a punch of liars.
Loss:
Pros:
  • No pros
Cons:
  • Lack of intrigrity

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Don't applied

TTucker

Slumlords

FYI they are filtering reviews and pictures that says enough. Whole building been complaining about doors being left open all night for almost a year since elon management took over.

For safety reasons and the Animals. Chantel in leasing office laughs and thinks it's a joke. Guess what when rules not enforced and people see there's no penalty it gets worst. Now they are feeding stray animals on purpose leaving the door open and food in hallways.

I promise you will regret dealing with Chantel and elon management. I'm at work and just received this picture. If you want to live clean and comfortable this not it. I've been uncomfortable since they took over 8 months ago.

Now they don't answer or return calls. I guess they'll keep playing till there's no tenants. This place is almost half empty for a reason and was just full. Don't give them a penny.

I've heard they even making deals to get people to stay/move in.

Run and I mean fast. Beware they lie to get you in then ignore you.

Please check property before exchanging money.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Non
Cons:
  • Rodents
  • Bad management
  • Nasty neighbors

Preferred solution: Stop ignoring tenants

User's recommendation: Run we are forced to live like animals

chris b Faa

| map-marker Bellevue, Washington

Human resources

Speaking on my job title and responsibilities been explaining with phone call. Then talk about how long I been apart of the company and future proceedings.
map-marker Chicago, Illinois

Bad communication and no one on site enough.

I applied at their Hilliard ohio location and after months of trying to get a hold of someone. Since they are only open like 3 days a week, I met a a new manager. Long story short after being denied I reached out to find out the reason as I was not told anything just sent a simple sorry we have denied your application. Its been two weeks and I have yet to her anything back. I needed a place badly and could afford it with ease but somehow, I was denied. I honestly think my race was the reason but who knows. After reading the reviews it was a blessing I wasn't accepted.

Real Estate Expert Talks

What Do Property Management Companies Do @ Interview with Property Management Expert

Nov 27, 2020

Property management companies: What do they do? How much do they charge? Do you need one? Find answers in an interview with Colby Hager, a real estate investor, and expert who share his experience with property management companies.

Read full article
Colby Hager
Colby Hager

Colby Hager is an experienced real estate investor with Capstone Homebuyers. He has years of experience in renovating houses, home remodeling, and property management.

Kelly P Hcr

| map-marker Columbus, Ohio

Can you stop an eviction my home my son is disabled?

West of Eastland filed an eviction on a $360.00 note. Her name is Albis. I called 28th May for a balance from last month which should have been low I received assistance previous months before. But it was 630.⁰0 her secretary said. A number than I had in my log. I'm on a fixed income as well and I had some other personal issues going on.I know it's my responsibility to get rent in on time . But there is a late fee. No 3day. They filed eviction on 360.00 turned to be my BALANCE MOVING FORWARD. They don't like due to my receiving assistance because my son is disabled. Now they won't accept payment from IMpact due to the eviction. Her reasoning is she said on the yesterday was and I quote"You didn't answer the phone ".
Guest

Waiting for another 1br with lease over July so giving 30 day notice, the apts has holds in it, mold, gutter has waterfalls every heavy ran. smell of rotten flesh in front and kitchen area.

on baseboards breakfast bar baseboard all loose,mice disruptive entries. no upgrade in 10 years apt. Delapadated.

Send request 5/21, waiting for response. My objective is to do unto others as you want them to do unto you.

map-marker Akron, Ohio

Bait and Switch Tactics

Why does Elon Management advertise their apartments at a low monthly rent of $550 then nickel and dime you to death on all sorts of small fees; application fee $40; move-in fee $350; services account setup fee $55;Gas/Electric Processing Fee etc. etc. If they can think of a fee they will charge it. After 9 months of timely payments I was one day late and there was an eviction notice on the door. They would not work with me, though I could have made a full payment 2 days later.
Pros:
  • Affordability of rentals
Cons:
  • No grace period for rent

User's recommendation: Run do not Walk from these people as quickly as you can.

map-marker Indianapolis, Indiana

Always telling lies.

I was told I could pay my rent with a credit card. Now they want 11.95 to use my credit card. I'm on social security disability and very low income. The girl in the office said it wouldn't apply to me but now they are changing their answer. I could see 2 or 3 dollars to cover credit cards charges. Not 11.95!

User's recommendation: Don't rent with elon properties!

About