2.3

Elon property management is a joke. The manager at Slate Run apartments is never available.

When you call there is more often than not a recording. Usually old. For example, the closed recording for December 13th and 14th still on thru December 20th. The recording for the holidays is still on and today is January 10th.

My apartment was supposed to be ready on November 30th, but I was later told that he renovation would not be completed until " hopefully" the first of December. I had already given notice at my apartment complex and had to be out by the 30th. I was entitled to a refund check since the apartment renovation was not done as promised. I have now had to move in with my daughter.

Apparently, the check was sent to my old address ( that is what I was told) when I called to check on the refund , which I had been told I would receive, "within 30 days" from December 7th. I called and asked the manager to stop payment on the previous,supposedly mailed check, check and was told by the manager that she needed to " check with corporate." and she would call me the next day. That was a week ago and I still have not received the check or a phone call.

When I called the corporate number it was forwarded to the Slate Run office. Something fishy is going on and I plan to contact the BBB.

Product or Service Mentioned: Elon Property Management Manager.

I didn't like: Unavailability of location manager, Apartment not available by promised date, Failure to refund deposit, Questionable and unethical business practices, Staff not upholding their end of the contract agreement.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jan 10.

Comments

I also have had terrible experiences a SLATE RUN! MOLD ,MILDEW LEAKING ROOFS.

WE HAVE WAITED A YEAR TO GET OUR WINDOES TO OPEN. JUST ONE EXAMPLE OF LAX WORK DONE. OUR HANDYMAN GOES AROUND GOSSIPING ABOUT OTHER RESIDENTS. AND MAKING DEROGATORY REMARKS ABOUT THE OWNWERS RELIGION!

ON THE LASTEST OCCASION OF THIS HE AND I GOT INTO IT. I TOOK MY COMPLAINT TO THE OFFICE. THE NEXT DAY WE WERE TOLD OUR LEASE WOULD NOT BE RENEWED. CLAIMED IT WAS BECAUE OF OUR DOG.

WE HAVE HAD OUR DOG AL 7 YEARS WE HAVE LIVED HERE. OUR RENT IS ALWAYS PAID ON TIME AND TRIED TO BE CLEAN, QUIET RESIDENTS. THIS ACTUALLY IS MAKING ME ILL.

HOW CAN THEY DO THIS. A PRESIDENT HAS BEEN SET LONG AGO OVER OUR DOG.